The SIGGRAPH Digital Arts Committee (DAC) presents SPARKS: Short Presentations of Artworks & Research for the Kindred Spirit. The SPARKS presentations and discussions are held monthly and consist of 3-5 minute lightning talks followed by an inclusive discussion based on the topic of the month. The discussions are moderated by DAC committee members along with invited guest facilitators.
Submissions for future sessions are OPEN. Submissions for the monthly SPARKS presentations will be reviewed by the DAC committee along with the guest moderator.
Lightning Talks and Discussion
Presentations should consist of approximately 10 slides and should be no longer than 5 minutes long or the designated time allotted by the moderators. The monthly signup will be posted after presenters are selected. Everyone is invited to attend the presentations and engage in the discussion!
The Earth, Our Home Exhibition Opening and Artist Talks
January 28, 2022 GMT 21:00
Artists’ Games: Critical and Creative Approaches in New Media Art
March 25, 2022 GMT 20:00
Decolonial Media Art Beyond 530 years
April 29, 2022 GMT 20:00
May 27, 2022 GMT 20:00
Rediscovering and Reimagining Culture: Digital Art Practice in Asia
June 23, 2022 9PM EDT/6PM PDT; June 241AM GMT/9AM Beijing CST
…more info on SIGGRAPH 2022 and Fall 2022 coming soon!
- Screen Worlds: Net Art & Online Communities
January 29, 2021
- Immersion, Interactivity, and Altered Realities
February 26, 2021
- Environmental Issues, Sustainability, Climate Change
March 26, 2021
- Robotics, Electronics and Artificial Intelligence
April 30, 2021
- Art, Science and the Invisible World We Live In
May 28, 2021
- Music in Social VR: Education, Installation, Conferences, and Performance
July 16, 2021
- Creative Coding: Generative / Algorithmic Art and the Exploration of Authorship and Authenticity
Sept 24, 2021
- Data: Visual Perception, Interpretation, and Truth
October 29, 2021
- Within the Frame: Continuum of the Still Image
December 3, 2021