The SIGGRAPH Digital Arts Committee (DAC) is pleased to announce SPARKS: Short Presentations of Artworks & Research for the Kindred Spirit. The SPARKS presentations and discussions are held monthly and consist of up to 10 3-5 minute lightning talks followed by an inclusive discussion based on the topic of the month. The discussions are moderated by DAC committee members along with invited guest facilitators.
Submit a Proposal for a Presentation – https://bit.ly/3noNQjS
Submissions for future sessions are OPEN. Submissions for the monthly SPARKS presentations will be reviewed by the DAC committee along with the guest moderator. Only 10 max will be selected based on their relevance to the topic.
Presentations should consist of approximately 10 slides and should be no longer than 5 minutes long. Presentations should be sent to the facilitator a minimum of 1 day prior to the event.
The monthly signup will be posted after presenters are selected. Everyone is invited to attend the presentations and engage in the discussion!
- Screen Worlds: Net Art & Online Communities
January 29, 2020 @ 21:00 GMT
- Immersion, Interactivity, and Altered Realities
February 26, 2020 @ 21:00 GMT
- Environmental Issues, Sustainability, Climate Change
March 26, 2020 @ 20:00 GMT [note time shift due to DST discrepancies]
- Robotics, Electronics and Artificial Intelligence
April 30, 2021 @ 21:00 GMT
- Art, Science and the Invisible World We Live In
May 28, 2021 @ 20:00 GMT
- Music in Social VR: Education, Installation, Conferences, and Performance
July 16, 2021 @ 20:00 GMT
- Join the Digital Arts Community from August 9-13 at SIGGRAPH 2021!
- Creative Coding: Generative / Algorithmic Art and the Exploration of Authorship and Authenticity
Sept 24, 2021 @ 20:00 GMT
- Data: Visual Perception, Interpretation, and Truth
October 29, 2021 @ 20:00 GMT
- Within the Frame: Continuum of the Still Image
December 3, 2021 @ 20:00 GMT
- 2022 Topics TBA