The SIGGRAPH Digital Arts Committee (DAC) is pleased to announce SPARKS: Short Presentations of Artworks & Research for the Kindred Spirit. The SPARKS presentations and discussions will be held monthly and will consist of up to 10 3-5 minute lightning talks followed by an inclusive discussion based on the topic of the month. The discussions will be moderated by DAC committee members along with invited guest facilitators.
Submit a Proposal for a Presentation – https://bit.ly/3noNQjS
Submissions for March session are OPEN and you are encouraged to express interest on the form in future sessions as well. Submissions for the monthly SPARKS presentations will be reviewed by the DAC committee along with the guest moderator. Only 10 max will be selected based on their relevance to the topic.
Presentations should consist of approximately 10 slides and should be no longer than 5 minutes long. Presentations should be sent to the facilitator a minimum of 1 day prior to the event.
The monthly signup will be posted after presenters are selected. Everyone is invited to attend the presentations and engage in the discussion!
Topics include, but are not limited to: Gender and Identity, Immersion, Interactivity and Altered Realities, Environmental Issues, Sustainability, Climate Change, Robotics, Electronics and AI, Decolonizing Art & Technology, The Frame: Still Image and Works on the Wall, etc.
- Screen Worlds: Net Art & Online Communities
January 29, 2020 @ 21:00 GMT
- Immersion, Interactivity, and Altered Realities
February 26, 2020 @ 21:00 GMT
- Environmental Issues, Sustainability, Climate Change
March 26, 2020 @ 20:00 GMT [note time shift due to DST discrepancies]
- Robotics, Electronics and Artificial Intelligence
April 30, 2021 @ 21:00 GMT
- Art, Science and the Invisible World We Live In
May 28, 2021: @ 20:00 GMT
FUTURE TOPICS (Dates and topics subject to change.)
- June, 2021: TBA
- July – August, 2021 TBA: Digital Power Panel (During SIGGRAPH 2021)
- Sept 24, 2021: Artists Who Work with Code
- Oct 29, 2021: Data: Visual Interpretation, Perception and Truth
- Dec 3, 2021: The Frame: Still Image Works on the Wall